Friday, April 4, 2008

A Grocery Store Scanner Of A Different Note



Tim has shared his grocery store experience. Now I must share mine.

I was waiting to pay for groceries at my local supermarket and decided to record the sounds being made by the price scanning device used by the cashier (that's not me in the picture, by the way. Tucking your shirt in to go shopping? Are you freaking kidding me?).

Well, the lane I was in was definitely beeping an A5, though you can hear a scanner in a nearby lane happily chirping a C6.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I cashier at a grocery store, and all our scanners beeped at a slightly flat Eb (which was a handy reference if I was trying to practice my voice lesson stuff while ringing people up). A year or so we got new ones, which will beep any of the first three scale degrees plus an almost augmented fourth sometimes. I now have Three Blind Mice stuck in my head constantly...

disclaimer

All original audio recordings on this website are licensed under Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0.
Audio recordings of copyrighted material do not carry this license, as the original authors of the sound retain their copyright.
When using original audio recordings for your own use, please cite the contributor of the sound recording, as well as the URL of this website.