Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Toy Elephant



While over at my brother and sister-in-law's recently, my sister-in-law suggested I record the cool sound of this toy elephant, part of my four-month-old niece's playpen. Luckily I had my recorder with me.

When you pull down on the elephant and let go, it rewards you with the noise as it raises back up.

I'd wager it's close to an F#2 (very bassy), though the pitch drops as the elephant gets halfway up or so--a nice effect.

I could listen to this one over and over.

2 comments:

Splotchy said...

I think this is my favorite of the sounds we have done thus far.

Timothy Donavan Russell said...

Me too. This one's just ripe for a remix.

disclaimer

All original audio recordings on this website are licensed under Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0.
Audio recordings of copyrighted material do not carry this license, as the original authors of the sound retain their copyright.
When using original audio recordings for your own use, please cite the contributor of the sound recording, as well as the URL of this website.